- Password Scrambler is very easy to use. It installs itself directly into your browser's toolbar - look at the "Scrambler" button below:
When you come to a website that requires you to submit a password, simply click on the Scrambler icon to bring up the Password Scrambler Dialog:
- Master Password: never reveal this to anyone, never store it anywhere. This is the source for all your passwords.
- Target Site: this will be filled in automatically with the domain that you are currently visiting.
- Your Scrambled Password will be computed automatically using a one-way hash of your Master Password and the Target Site.
- Once you click OK, the password field in the page you are visiting will be automatically filled with the scrambled password.
- Single-click operation: the Scrambler will remember your Master Password for the duration of the Browser Session (as long as the current browser window is open). All you have to do when you login to a new site is click once to fill in the scrambled password.